Remember Woodstock? Or, maybe your parents remember… Well, a bunch of us musicians will be grooving on Woodstock’s memory in a 50th anniversary benefit for the Child Counseling Services of New Mexico. Visit this page to become a sponsor or buy advance tickets. (Jim can’t make this one but I’ll be jamming on a few tunes with the World of Dreams band.)
Music, neighbors, friends, pizza, wine, beer and maybe a sunset from heaven on the patio. The weather should be nice. What more can we ask for? 6 – 9pm on Friday 8/2 at Upper Crust in Eldorado. Join us!
Thanks to Jim’s explorations in town, we have a gig at a cool new venue right off the plaza: Desert Dogs Brewery & Cidery Taproom. They have a cute outdoor balcony where you can enjoy one of many local brews and ciders. Inside, you can play foosball, shuffleboard and pool. Join us!
- Where: Desert Dogs Brewery
112 West San Francisco St., upstairs in the Plaza Mercado
- When: Saturday August 10
8:30 – 11 pm
This is sweet. Canyon Road Contemporary Art has invited Jim and I to play again. We had a blast playing there a couple weeks ago. Join us!
- Where: Canyon Road Contemporary Art, 622 Canyon Road
- When: Friday, 8/9, 5pm – 7pm
Jim and I are really excited about playing at the brand new Chili Line Brewing Taproom in the historic Amtrak station in Lamy. Join us!
- When: Saturday May 25, 4 pm to 6pm
- Where: The Lamy Amtrak Station at 152 Old Lamy Trail, Lamy, NM 87540
Local and friendly. The Chili Line Brewing Company brews all of their beer on a one barrel system at their Downtown Santa Fe Location less than a block down from the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. The second location is located adjacent to the Lamy Amtrak Station in Lamy, New Mexico. Laid back and easy going, they brew smoked beer that is balanced and will please a wide range of beer drinkers. If you like small batch local handcrafted beer — they are the brewery for you.
Serving food for The Tap Room Wednesday – Saturday, Noon – 6 pm
- Parisian Style Ham & Cheese Baguettes
- Avocado Toasts
- Chips Salsa & Avocado
- Sausage Saturday!
Save the date for our next Upper Crust Eldorado Gig: Saturday June 1, 6 – 9pm
Thanks to EVERYBODY who showed up to this event. WOW. Standing room ONLY!
Note from Hope: It’s a joy for me to be included in an original tune by my dear friend Julie Cunningham on her band’s new album, World of Dreams. Join us on Saturday, May 11, between 5:30 and 7:30 pm at Tiny’s as Julie, Larry Diaz and Annie McCampbell perform songs from the album with guests Faye Schilkey, Ditta Khalsa, Chiefo Sanchez, Leslie McDonel, as well as myself. There will be singing, dancing, cake, and general celebrating of original music hoopla.
- Where: Tiny’s Restaurant & Lounge, on The Southeast Corner of St. Francis Drive and Cerrillos Rd.
- When: Saturday May 11 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Let’s show our thanks to JR and Tiny’s (where there’s never a cover) for hosting us by eating, drinking and being merry!
ASIDE: On 4/5, and 5/3 Jim Harlan and I will be playing from 5:30 – 8:30 pm at Upper Crust in Eldorado.
LAST MINUTE NOTICE! Destiny Allison and Steve Ewers have kindly donated the La Tienda Eldorado Performance Space to host a free local tribute to Paul Simon, produced by Chris Harrell. After months of prep, at 7pm this evening, Saturday 3/23, about a dozen performers will take turns playing their favorite PS tunes. I get to play with about half of them, including 2 tunes with my duo partner Jim Harlan. I’m thrilled. Last fall the James Taylor tribute was beyond packed, to the point of no standing room left so you may want to show up early. Here is tonight’s line-up:
- Welcome: Chris/Gene Harrell – Mrs. Robinson (drums-Julia)
- Gene Harrell: Medley: America, Old Friends/Bookends, Anji, Dangling Conversation, Flowers Never Bend, Punky’s Dilemma (vocals-Morning)
- Andy Mason: Me and Julio / Under African Skies / Born at the Right Time (vocals-Liz, drums-Julia)
- Joey Wilson: René and Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After the War / American Tune
- John Francis Mustain: You Can Call Me Al / Nite Game / Take Me to the Mardi Gras
- Michael Lehrer: Kathy’s Song / Scarborough Faire / For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her
- Chris Harrell/Hope Kiah/Randall Engle: El Condor Pasa
- David McDonald: Have a Good Time / Slip Slidin’ Away / I Know What I Know (vocals-Liz, flute-Hope, drums-Julia)
- Jeff Sand: St. Judy’s Comet
- Jeff Sand/Tupper Schoen/David Anderson: Only Living Boy in NY / What a Wonderful World / Scarborough Faire/Canticle
- Greg Harris: Keep the Customer Satisfied / Cecilia (vocals-David, accordion-Ron, flute-Hope, drums-Julia) Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Jim Harlan/Hope Kiah: Sounds of Silence / 59th St Bridge Song
- Bob Curtis: She Moves On / Duncan (flutes-Hope & Heidi, drums-Julia)
- Finale: The Cast – Loves Me Like a Rock / The Boxer (flute-Hope, drums-Julia)
I’m thrilled. You can see the share here on James Taylor’s Facebook page if you’re logged into the app. If you’re not on FB, you can see the video at the bottom of this post.
Here are 2 fun music options to choose from. I hope to see you!
Sunday 11/11/2018, 5 – 9 pm – A FUN FREE BENEFIT! This was a snowy, very fun event.
- Music and book reading benefit for Bienvenidos Food Pantry.
- I sat in with Julie Cunningham and Larry Diaz at the beginning and end of this event.
- Jon D’Amore and chef/author Connie Ruel read from their bestselling books. Super fun.
- Café Fina generously provided liquids and cookies
- All book sale proceeds went to the Bienvenidos Food Pantry.
Sunday 11/18/2018, 3 – 6 pm
- I played with Chris Harrell at a very fun Savor Eldorado event. I sat in with him at Upper Crust a couple times and had a ton of fun. Everybody loves Chris’s spirit and huge repertoire of Americana and originals. I’ve asked him to do a set of his Santa Fe/Lamy/Eldorado tunes.
- Evie Gauthier opened her home and share her lovely jewelry and wearable art. As president of the Eldorado Arts and Crafts Association (which produces one of the largest studio tours in the state), Evie is well-connected with local artists and welcomed Savor founder Gila Joy Pascal and Kim Crickard to share the spotlight. RSVP and see the artwork here >>.
- RAFFLE: Every $10 suggested donation got 2 raffle tickets, eligible to win a $100 bill. The drawing was held at about 5:30 pm.
Sunday 9/23. First things first. I am having a blast with Savor Eldorado, where neighbors enjoy local music, art & each other, in private homes every month. Please RSVP here to get more information and join us this Sunday on 9/23 from 3 – 6 pm at Susan Latham’s home. Tracy Weaver will play guitar and Rachel Arvio will show and sell her lovely jewelry. The raffle will give away a $100 Visa gift card, a $25 gift certificate to Upper Crust, and a pair of Rachel’s earrings. If you are interested in these events, please sign up for the Savor Eldorado Newsletter. I may not use my flute gig notification list to announce this every month.
Friday 11/2. Playing with Jim Harlan at Upper Crust Pizza in Eldorado, 5:30 – 8:30 pm. More info soon.
Saturday 11/3. This is early notice but save the date for a James Taylor tribute evening with many singers and players at the Performance Space in Eldorado on November 3.
Yesterday, after noticing my shadow while singing and riding my ebike, I spontaneously held up my iPhone and recorded my floating shadow and a bit of JT. I love to sing (so to speak) while I ride and probably shouldn’t expose it here but friends are loving it on Facebook and the joy of biking is something to share!