Music, neighbors, friends, pizza, wine, beer and maybe a sunset from heaven on the patio. What more can we ask for? 6 – 9pm on Friday 8/2 at Upper Crust in Eldorado. Join us!
Gosh. So many of you showed up at the Taproom in Lamy last Saturday! Isn’t that a fun place? What a wonderful afternoon. Thank you. It’s a blast to see you enjoying the music. Seriously.
Join us for more fun at the Eldorado Upper Crust this Saturday, 6/1 from 6 pm to 9 pm. We have some new/old tunes to share. And look for more Jethro Tull down the road.
- Upper Crust Eldorado
- Saturday June 1
- 6 pm to 9 pm
Friends – send good thoughts to Chris Harrell who was booked to play at Upper Crust on Saturday 5/25 but took a fall exploring petroglyphs near Taos. The worst part was the crushing of his left index finger which will take quite a while to heal. We wish him all the best for a quick recovery. Jim Harlan and I will fill in for Chris at Eldorado’s Upper Crust, playing from 6:30 to 8:30, after doing a couple sets at Harvey’s & the Taproom in the Amtrak station in Lamy, starting at 4 pm. It will be a busy evening and no doubt extremely fun. Join us!
- Saturday, May 25:
- 4pm – 6 pm at the new Taproom in the Amtrak Station in Lamy
- 6:30 – 8:30 pm a the Upper Crust in Eldorado
Jim and I are really excited about playing at the brand new Chili Line Brewing Taproom in the historic Amtrak station in Lamy. Join us!
- When: Saturday May 25, 4 pm to 6pm
- Where: The Lamy Amtrak Station at 152 Old Lamy Trail, Lamy, NM 87540
Local and friendly. The Chili Line Brewing Company brews all of their beer on a one barrel system at their Downtown Santa Fe Location less than a block down from the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. The second location is located adjacent to the Lamy Amtrak Station in Lamy, New Mexico. Laid back and easy going, they brew smoked beer that is balanced and will please a wide range of beer drinkers. If you like small batch local handcrafted beer — they are the brewery for you.
Serving food for The Tap Room Wednesday – Saturday, Noon – 6 pm
- Parisian Style Ham & Cheese Baguettes
- Avocado Toasts
- Chips Salsa & Avocado
- Sausage Saturday!
Save the date for our next Upper Crust Eldorado Gig: Saturday June 1, 6 – 9pm
Thanks to EVERYBODY who showed up to this event. WOW. Standing room ONLY!
Note from Hope: It’s a joy for me to be included in an original tune by my dear friend Julie Cunningham on her band’s new album, World of Dreams. Join us on Saturday, May 11, between 5:30 and 7:30 pm at Tiny’s as Julie, Larry Diaz and Annie McCampbell perform songs from the album with guests Faye Schilkey, Ditta Khalsa, Chiefo Sanchez, Leslie McDonel, as well as myself. There will be singing, dancing, cake, and general celebrating of original music hoopla.
- Where: Tiny’s Restaurant & Lounge, on The Southeast Corner of St. Francis Drive and Cerrillos Rd.
- When: Saturday May 11 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Let’s show our thanks to JR and Tiny’s (where there’s never a cover) for hosting us by eating, drinking and being merry!
NOTE: Happy Hour at Upper Crust runs from 2pm to 6pm. Get there before 6 for $4 pints and $1 off beer and wine.
Friday 4/5 was great. We prevailed over allergies! Playing at the Eldorado Upper Crust is such fun. We are enjoying coming up with new tunes including, finally, some Jethro Tull! Thanks to all of you who attended. Come join us again on Friday May 3.
When: 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- Friday, May 3
- Saturday, June 1
- Friday, July 5
- Friday, August 2
Where: Upper Crust Pizza Eldorado
We are also playing outside on Sunday May 5 from 2pm to 4pm at the Santa Fe Artists’ Market, just west of the Plaza in the First National Bank parking lot.
ASIDE: On 4/5, and 5/3 Jim Harlan and I will be playing from 5:30 – 8:30 pm at Upper Crust in Eldorado.
LAST MINUTE NOTICE! Destiny Allison and Steve Ewers have kindly donated the La Tienda Eldorado Performance Space to host a free local tribute to Paul Simon, produced by Chris Harrell. After months of prep, at 7pm this evening, Saturday 3/23, about a dozen performers will take turns playing their favorite PS tunes. I get to play with about half of them, including 2 tunes with my duo partner Jim Harlan. I’m thrilled. Last fall the James Taylor tribute was beyond packed, to the point of no standing room left so you may want to show up early. Here is tonight’s line-up:
- Welcome: Chris/Gene Harrell – Mrs. Robinson (drums-Julia)
- Gene Harrell: Medley: America, Old Friends/Bookends, Anji, Dangling Conversation, Flowers Never Bend, Punky’s Dilemma (vocals-Morning)
- Andy Mason: Me and Julio / Under African Skies / Born at the Right Time (vocals-Liz, drums-Julia)
- Joey Wilson: René and Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After the War / American Tune
- John Francis Mustain: You Can Call Me Al / Nite Game / Take Me to the Mardi Gras
- Michael Lehrer: Kathy’s Song / Scarborough Faire / For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her
- Chris Harrell/Hope Kiah/Randall Engle: El Condor Pasa
- David McDonald: Have a Good Time / Slip Slidin’ Away / I Know What I Know (vocals-Liz, flute-Hope, drums-Julia)
- Jeff Sand: St. Judy’s Comet
- Jeff Sand/Tupper Schoen/David Anderson: Only Living Boy in NY / What a Wonderful World / Scarborough Faire/Canticle
- Greg Harris: Keep the Customer Satisfied / Cecilia (vocals-David, accordion-Ron, flute-Hope, drums-Julia) Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Jim Harlan/Hope Kiah: Sounds of Silence / 59th St Bridge Song
- Bob Curtis: She Moves On / Duncan (flutes-Hope & Heidi, drums-Julia)
- Finale: The Cast – Loves Me Like a Rock / The Boxer (flute-Hope, drums-Julia)
I’m thrilled. You can see the share here on James Taylor’s Facebook page if you’re logged into the app. If you’re not on FB, you can see the video at the bottom of this post.
Friday evening will be sweet on Canyon Road as the galleries participate in a Holiday Block pARTy. Jim Harlan and I will play Americana tunes at Winterowd Fine Art from 4:15 – 6:45 PM. Come do an Art Walk with Farolitos and Bonfires.
- Where: Winterowd Fine Art, 701 Canyon Road, Santa Fe NM 87501
- When: 4 – 7 pm
Here are 2 fun music options to choose from. I hope to see you!
Sunday 11/11/2018, 5 – 9 pm – A FUN FREE BENEFIT! This was a snowy, very fun event.
- Music and book reading benefit for Bienvenidos Food Pantry.
- I sat in with Julie Cunningham and Larry Diaz at the beginning and end of this event.
- Jon D’Amore and chef/author Connie Ruel read from their bestselling books. Super fun.
- Café Fina generously provided liquids and cookies
- All book sale proceeds went to the Bienvenidos Food Pantry.
Sunday 11/18/2018, 3 – 6 pm
- I played with Chris Harrell at a very fun Savor Eldorado event. I sat in with him at Upper Crust a couple times and had a ton of fun. Everybody loves Chris’s spirit and huge repertoire of Americana and originals. I’ve asked him to do a set of his Santa Fe/Lamy/Eldorado tunes.
- Evie Gauthier opened her home and share her lovely jewelry and wearable art. As president of the Eldorado Arts and Crafts Association (which produces one of the largest studio tours in the state), Evie is well-connected with local artists and welcomed Savor founder Gila Joy Pascal and Kim Crickard to share the spotlight. RSVP and see the artwork here >>.
- RAFFLE: Every $10 suggested donation got 2 raffle tickets, eligible to win a $100 bill. The drawing was held at about 5:30 pm.